Recently, I’ve been following this very awesome blogger called Steve from Steve Says… and he has this segment that I’m totally in love with so I decided join into the fun.
In case you want to join in, this is how it works:
Each week I will post 3 new questions so…
(1) Go to the music player of your choice and put it on shuffle
(2) Say the questions aloud and press play
(3) Use the song title as your answers
(4) NO CHEATING
Title your post “Steve’s Music Mix – …” and link back to this week’s page.
Post your response in the comment section of that week’s page.”
Find the original post HERE to check out his reply along with the other bloggers that have joined in 🙂
Let’s check how it worked out for me.
If I was stranded on a desert island…?
–> Eyes Open – Taylor Swift
No kidding! If I was stranded on a desert island, my eyes would be open wide to make sure no cannibals live there or some crazy animals will come out to get me. Being the movie fan and having extensive imagination, what if there were actually dinosaurs or how about two headed sharks preying near the shore *shivers* Keeping my eyes open to make sure I find the perfect weapon to defend myself. That might be a pretty good plan. Especially at night….
If I was the last person on earth…?
–> So Long – Zooey Deschanel
It would be a while since I would have a friend in this case. No one to say “so long” to.
When no one is looking, I…?
–>Just Don’t Care – Perfect Sideline (Tant Pis)
I start speaking in French or I just don’t care. Kind of does make sense, right? Why would I care what I’m doing if no one is looking, right?
Its a bit harder for me to do this since my MP3 player is a bit funky with the shuffle function. Still, its pretty fun! I’ll probably continue doing this. Give it a shot and see what interesting answers you get for these question 🙂
Oh goodness! How did I let this happen? Somehow over the course of almost a month, I piled up 3 awards and haven’t answered them.
I’m sorry to the 3 bloggers who nominated me. Its been a bit hectic over here and I wouldn’t want you to think that I’m slacking off or whatnot. I’ve just been tired and trying to catch up and just getting back in my groove. Thinking about these awards made me quite happy actually. I have a lot of stuff planned for the blog and as much as its slowed down this week, my mind never stops for what comes up soon.
Lets start with the longest unanswered award from Mike@ Mikes Film Talk who awarded me with the Versatile Blogger Award! I love getting this award (fourth time now) and accepting it (even though its really late) because I admit that my blog is versatile and covers so many different subjects. Thanks so so so (times a million) much for this award. I know I’m really late (like 3 weeks or something). I really appreciate it! Its means so much to me!
This award comes with rules like all of them:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Include a link to their blog.
3. Name the bloggers to whom you would like to pass the award and send them a link to tell them you’ve selected them.
4. Finally, tell the person who nominated you seven things about yourself.
I’ll get to the nominees and sharing my facts later…I want to thank everyone first 🙂
Second award I received about 10 days or so ago was from Joe @ Joe’s Musings for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Now talk about being speechless with this. Needing a few weeks to just digest it. Moi? Inspiring? VERY inspiring? I don’t even think thats possible but at least Joe thinks so enough to pass this on to me. 🙂 Thanks to Joe so extremely much and I ask him to excuse my tardiness with accepting this. He is the extremely inspiring one here. Always writing the best pieces and sharing his fiction and creativity. You have to check his blog out if you haven’t already.
The rules for this one is as follows:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Nominations and facts coming up in the end and now for the 3rd award, which I received earlier this week!
This most recent one is from Natasha @ Film and Things for Liebster Award. She is totally awesome and I thank her a whole bunch for this awesome award. Also, you might want to know that she’s going to start filming her own short movie soon called Once Bitten, Twice Shy. Just to mention that Mike@ Mike’s Film Talk will be part of the cast in that 🙂 Exciting stuff, right? Plus, she also just started a 30 day challenge where she’ll answer 30 questions each day regarding movies. You know what’s even cooler than that? She covered the Udine Far East Film Festival with other members (I think that were part of her university) and had the chance to interview some awesome directors!
The rules are to give 11 facts about you, answer 11 questions then nominate 11 people! Simple enough, right?
Lets answer these questions first!
1. What musical artist are you listening to these days?
Sara Bareilles, Jon McLaughlin, Boyce Avenue, Green River Ordinance, Taylor Swift, Straight No Chaser
2. If you could be any animal, what would you be? Why?
Tiger! Its my calling 🙂
3. What do you say when your (or someone else’s) kid asks you why the sky is blue?
I don’t communicate with children very well…so I’d probably nudge my boyfriend and ask him the same question for him to answer…
4. Favorite Food?
5. If $$ were no object, where would you travel on your next vacation?
6. How do you like your eggs?
7. Favorite Reality TV Show?
Property Brothers/Chopped/Kitchen Nightmares
8. What was your very first job?
9. What book is on your nightstand right now?
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass…although the book I’m reading is in my bag instead
10. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Gossip Girl, 90210, OC…teenage drama so that I can be happy that I’m not rich and not create my own drama 😉
OH and Magic Mike/True Blood..for shirtless hot men
11. At what age is your earliest memory?
Probably age 4 at Japan Disney on the Snow White ride because it freaked me out!!!
So, did you learn a bit more about me? Or was it just all expected? There’s more though, with all the facts added up for the 3 awards, I’m due to give you 25 facts (which I have no idea what to write)…so here it goes!
1) I’m putting together my friend’s wedding video and I have no idea what music to use…decisions decisions (Any ideas?)
2) I’m excited to go tomorrow to my first ever bachelorette party in honor of my friend’s wedding on Sunday
3) I’m really happy that the weather is getting warm again
4) I can’t believe its also season finales for shows…I still have so much to catch up with.
5) Many people say that I look mixed. I think it was more when I was a baby.
Baby Kim…ignore the timestamp..
6) I need my brain to become more efficient so that I can memorize all my pieces for my piano exam which I want to take this coming winter.
7) I am on a constant search for nice flowy dresses for whatever season!
8) Once the weather gets hot, I always want to go to the beach..even if I never really go that often.
9) I love listening to Chinese music from the 1970s up to 90s (maybe even before that). After that, it kind of goes down the drain. Two different eras with different style of music showed below 🙂
And I have to insert one with my favorite band Beyond, who disbanded a good while ago..but they are total awesomeness!
10) Yesterday I started watching this ridiculous movie called Killer Klowns from Outer Space
11) I still owe everyone the review of the 4th Die Hard and I feel bad about not having done it but the boyfriend hasn’t been in the mood to finish it…so I’ll probably watch it soon by myself to write it up this week.
12) I don’t really like planning out my days because when I do, something else always happens to get in the way
13) I’m trying to do another piano cover but I haven’t quite decided what song.
14) I can’t constantly write movie reviews. Its really hard to do it every day sometimes. I praise those who own pure movie blogs because you are all amazingly awesome
15) I’m learning about the power of being an introvert right now.
16) I love hiking, walking, biking and working out. Pretty much anything active, especially tree adventures 🙂
17) My first console is the Nintendo DS Lite and it makes it so much better because I earned my own money to get it.
18) I have an addiction to Tetris and Bejeweled. Don`t let them near me because I won’t/can’t stop
19) On PS3, I can only play Move games or Little Big Planet. Anything else gets too complex. Or maybe racing games as well 🙂
20) If you haven’t followed me for very long, I LOVE Dr. Seuss. I can read the stories all the time out loud to myself and it’ll make me feel super happy!
21) I collect Disney plushes. I buy one or two to every new Disney store that I visit.
23) My goal this summer is to revamp my backyard and learn how to garden so that it’ll look like before my dad passed away.
24) I’m taking a break from dragonboat this year and dropped to part-time so that I can finish up all the exams that I’ve dragged out for too long
25) I’m thinking right now that I’ve bored you all with too much information about me and I’m happy this is the last point 🙂 I’m not one to talk too much about myself
Now we’re at one of the most important part of this post: THE NOMINATIONS! I really don’t want to choose so you know what, you choose which one you want! I choose YOU! Yes, YOU!
If you home several different subjects on your blog, then you get the versatile blogger award. If you write inspiring quotes and aim to be positive and inspire others in any way, then Very Inspiring you are! If you are a young blog with not too many followers or just recently started up for a few months or a year or what not, feel free to take the Liebster award! I’m giving it to anyone of you who drops by this blog, has liked or commented or follows my blog. If you just happen to drop by, then its fate or destiny or whatever you call it that has lead you here! So feel free to take it 🙂 Just remember to link back and follow the rules! You know you all deserve it!!!
A GIGANTIC THANKS TO MIKE, JOE AND NATASHA! Remember to check out their blogs because they are super awesome!!
Thank you to all of you for sticking around till now! I tried to make it as entertaining as possible 🙂
Sophie (Amanda Seyfried) is a fact checker in New York City but she dreams of being a writer, however, the opportunity had not shown up. However, she is engaged and soon to be married with a future restaurant owner and perfectionist cook, Victor. They are scheduled to have a pre-honeymoon to Verona, Italy. The second objective is for Victor to meet his suppliers also. When they arrive, Victor gets carried away and Sophie ends up going sightseeing by herself. One day, she visits the House of Juliet where Romeo and Juliet had met. Its also here that women from all over the world go to write the letters to Juliet about their problems: family, illness and love. As Sophie sits in the area facing the wall and starts writing, she sees a woman come by at the end of the day to take down the letters and put them into a basket with care. She is curious as to what she is going to do with them and follows it. She then meets a few Italian women who call themselves the “secretaries of Juliet”. They take their own time to write back to each and every letter that is left there. Sophie decides to help them out and in the process, finds a letter stuck behind a brick in the wall of the house of Juliet that has been nestled there for 50 years.
She decides to write back. A while later, a guy comes by to find them who is the grandson, Charlie (Christopher Egan) of the woman who wrote the letter, who has accompanied his grandmother, Claire (Vanessa Redgrave) there but doesn’t think its a good thing that Sophie has written back so long after to give his grandmother false hopes. Together, they embark to look for Claire’s true love, her Lorenzo. When the first stop proves to be wrong, Claire decides to have Sophie tag along to try to seek out Lorenzo in the Tuscany area over the next few days. As they search for Lorenzo, Charlie and Sophie become closer and understand his other a bit better.
This is a cute romantic comedy. What makes this movie special is the message it wants to send out through the concept of true love never being too late, even if it was 50 years later. At the same time, a young romance is developing. The story is quite generic so it won’t catch a lot of people’s immediate attention. However, I do remember that when I had first seen this one. I had bought it because I had just finished a really awesome novel called Juliet. Nothing connected to it but it just made me want to look at different takes of this story even if this is more just a tangent.
Vanessa Redgrave was pretty good at doing her role and she was the experienced actress here. Amanda Seyfried does what she does best and I appreciate her roles usually. Her vibe that she gave off with Christopher Egan. The little bickering and the growing spark that happened was at times entertaining.
Plus, there is some amazing Italian scenery. During the driving scenes and the vineyards and other locations, its all very nicely set. You know I have to mention this. They used pretty upbeat feel good music. I mean the theme song was wonderful music by Colbie Caillat and Taylor Swift. The movie started with a nice little feel good song that always makes me smile called You Got Me by Colbie Caillat and ends with Love Story from Taylor Swift.
In between of all that, we also had another one of Colbie Caillat`s songs called What if.
Awesome music, nice set, and a cute little romantic comedy is what I got out of Letters to Juliet. It was a feel good flick. 🙂