I’m sure we all have that issue at some point or another. Preparing lunch in advance is always a huge difficulty for me. I usually stick with leftovers and whatnot. Most of my meals are interchangeable between lunch and dinner. In this case, one week night, I thought about how I haven’t had shrimps in a long time and I conveniently had just bought some frozen Yin-Yang style stir fry vegetables from the grocery store. Typically, using overnight rice is the best results but I didn’t have that so we made a tub of rice in the morning and cooled it down so I could cook it at night. I haven’t made fried rice in forever so forgive me if its not exactly presentable.
Fried Rice with Shrimps and Yin-Yang Style Vegetables
2 bowls Steamed Rice (overnight is the best)
Shrimps, defrosted and peeled
Fresh or Frozen Vegetables (I used Arctic Gardens Yin-Yang Style Stir Fry Vegetables)
1 Egg, beaten
1 tsp Garlic, minced
salt or soy sauce, for taste
How to make it:
1. Heat some oil in a pan. Add some minced garlic. Cook shrimps. Remove from pan once cooked thoroughly. Set aside.
2. Cook frozen vegetables (or fresh ones) until they are thawed and heated. Once ready, remove from pan and set aside.
3. Heat up rice and add beaten egg. Mix together until egg is cooked.
4. Add back the vegetables and shrimp. For taste, add in a dash of salt or a bit of soy sauce. Mix it together until its blended.
5. Remove from pan. Put in a bowl and its ready to eat!
I’m bad at teaching people how to cook. My mom taught me cooking from improvisation so measurements are more instinctive than exact. I tried my best to give you approximations. For mine, I forgot to add in the salt or soy sauce so I added that later. But, please do. Or else, its going to be really bland. Unless you like the natural non-seasoned tasting. That works also.
In a fully unlazy me way, I’d use fresh vegetables. However, improvising me only uses what’s on hand and defrosting shrimps felt like this was the best recipe. As you may notice, I don’t cook shrimp very often but fried rice is also one of the quickest and easiest ways to make a meal. I’ll try experimenting a little further. Maybe I’ll be back with chicken and beef fried rice. Who knows, right? The one I want to learn to make has to be with pineapples and whatnot.
Do you like fried rice? What recipes do you make with shrimps?