2017 is here! There will be some changes around here. Some new, some old, not a whole lot swapped out as you will see soon below! I have an issue of letting go, maybe… Its okay though, it’ll all work out! I haven’t talked about resolutions for a year or two here but I feel like I probably should because that explains some of the changes, which won’t really make a huge impact for any segment in particular but will keep myself accountable for certain things.
Baking & Recipes
Its been a rough year for recipes. I’ve only added maybe somewhere around 10 to 20 new recipes this past year. I’m a little disappointed with myself even though we did have the additional unboxing for Miss Fresh (which will continue this year).
New Cooking Project: I do have some news on a project in the planning with my awesome childhood friend, Starry Traveler. She’s very much busy with a lot of her personal life stuff of late and her blog is less active but we have been talking about a cooking project. This project will hopefully open our horizons to new ingredients and recipe ideas. We are planning the first one some time later this month and I’ll have an announcement post soon. All details on frequency and whatnot is still being decided.
Baking Through Disney: I started this one back in 2015 and only TWO movies have been fully complete with the baking projects. And I have the 3rd review done but then got stuck on Fantasia’s recipe to make. It is what threw me off. So, I’ve made the executive decision to put that baking on hold and jump forward to the next movie, Dumbo. There is a solid goal for one movie to be done each month. If I can get more, that will be good but for now, I’m aiming to do 10 movies (in case there are months like Fantasia Festival in July where I won’t be home enough to do it). These are the movies coming up: Dumbo, Bambi, Make Mine Music, The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, Sleeping Beauty and 101 Dalmatians. However, if you do have a suggestion for what to bake for Fantasia, please suggest ahead and I’ll try to figure out a way to make it happen.
2016 was the year that I made the resolution to not buy any new books for the entire year to make sure that I could get through all those unread novels sitting in my Kindle and to save money. With that said, I did explore a lot of new stuff. I let myself off the hook and bought some new books during Boxing Week. Right now, its back to no more new books until I decrease the list. With that said, there is a revival and continuing through all the Kindle books. This year’s Goodreads Challenge is to read 35 books.
- The Classics Adventure: I took a year off of this project but its back! Part of my unread Kindle books that I put off were Classics. Some titles I do want to get through: Northanger Abbey, Grimm’s Fairy Tales, A Tale of Two Cities, Treasure Island, Great Expectations, Gulliver’s Travels, Madame Bovary, What Maisie Knew, North and South.
- Unread Physical Books: Last year, I sadly neglected my physical unread books so I’m working on that this year. One of them is trying to kickstart my Stephen King novel reading along with some other titles like Salem’s Lot, Hollow City, Ready Player One, The Fate of Ten, The Catcher in the Rye.
Movies & TV
Movies and TV is a huge chunk of here. I have to admit that and if you haven’t noticed, by the end of 2016, I was trying to slow that down a little. As much as I love watching movies, I had a block in writing reviews. It is also why I’m happy that I added in the TV Binge segment quite a bit.
- Unwatched Movie Collection: I updated our movie collection this year and while I have stopped a lot of movie buying (saving once again), I realized that there’s a ton of movies there that I haven’t seen. This year’s mission is to get through them.
- Other movies: New Releases (look at Anticipated 2017 Movies post HERE), Netflix Originals, Oscar Nominations (in January/February))
- Monthly segment: Music Obsessions will stay on the first Sunday of every month!
- Game Warp: I will continue to post up the updates to the Game Warp Podcast release. Those are twice a month usually unless there are some special segments. More info can be found on That Moment In or our Game Warp Facebook page. Also, we just set up the Twitch channel with a stream schedule coming up soon.
- My Weekly Adventures: This is currently a biweekly segment right now. However, this comes to what I talked about earlier about resolutions. I have been doing event posts and haul and travel in separate posts, so I try to not cover those in the weekly adventures making it hard to get a lot of stuff to talk about on there. However, I like the fact that I share a snippet of my personal goals to share. You all don’t realize it but a lot of times it keeps me accountable. With that said, this year, I have set myself an ultimatum to finish my Grade 10 piano so I’ll probably start sharing that journey a little and maybe post up some piano pieces. You can criticize or not but at least it keeps me practicing piano and keeping that solid in the schedule instead of always pushing it in a lower priority. Also, I need to get back to working out and training for at least a 5 km marathon this year. So two new segments aside from Cute Kitty Moments, along with other random updates.
- Other: Montreal Events & Unboxing
For some highlight months (which haven’t changed much):
- January: Housekeeping and updating is going to be the priority for the first week. That includes wrapping up leftover material from 2016. Some TV binges and the Netflix A-Z. Aside from that, I’m working on getting a domain or at least, working on an official Tranquil Dreams header by January 17th which is the blogiversary and I don’t want to drag that out anymore.
- February: Valentine’s Marathon is the first half of the month. I’m putting together what movies to watch. It might not be romantic comedies but I will try to get The Choice to keep up with the Nicholas Sparks adaptations.
- October: Halloween Marathon! For now, its a toss-up between a few franchises. I believe Final Destination is a high possibility at this point.
- December: Holiday Marathon! This might have some changes seeing as the selection is getting slim.
That’s it! Congrats and Thanks are in order if you made it all the way here!
I’d also like to share that I’m working on a project with my husband which I will announce soon! As well as a Youtube segment for my channel!
I’m looking forward to 2017. Hope you are too!
If you have any movie or book suggestions, please do share with me. I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for them or maybe they will be in my list.