For some of you its already New Year’s, depending where you are. For us in Montreal, its now 2015 and finally, I’ve gotten myself to find a few moments to put together this post. What started out as something I wanted to do a poll for has turned into something else.
I want somewhat of a more project oriented in 2015. I hope to stick to it more because of that. Last year, I didn’t have a lot of goals but was only trying to cut off segments to make Tranquil Dreams more focused and I realized that its not for me because I need to embrace my versatility. It might sound like a lot but it gives me a chance to use different ways to get things done and different ways to destress and thats exactly how Tranquil Dreams came to be – embracing my passions and loves 🙂
First of all, I’d like to give a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone! Without you, Tranquil Dreams wouldn’t be where it is now. Its been a good 4 years and its really helped me see how I’ve improved and its kept me going. All the comments, likes and everything really has kept my motivation in check. Plus, I’ve made a lot of friends over the years.
A few accomplishments in 2014 for me are:
- Approximately 162 movies reviewed (including for blogathons)
- Getting my TESL certificate in January
- Having some new independent authors connect with me to review their novels
- Being a featured blog on Freshly Featured 🙂
One of the biggest lessons I learned in 2014 is this:
Now, 2014 is behind us and for 2015 I have some big plans! Some is still in the making. My blogaversary is coming up mid January and I’ll have some things planned but for 2015 is all about putting in some long term projects.
For my personal goals, I’m shrinking it to just a few to focusing on Grade 10 Practical Piano exam and History 2 exam; keeping the 3 workouts per week and editing one novel from the past 3 years of NaNoWriMo (mostly because my best friend has been on my back about it).
For 2015 projects, I’m looking at at these:
- 40 books (once again) for Goodreads goal: with more focus on independent authors and some iconic authors like Jane Austen for example!
- Disney/cupcakes project: reviewing Disney projects and baking some cupcakes (decorative) reflecting that movie (to encourage the baking aspect)
- 1001 movies before you die project (based on the book I got for Christmas from one of my friends)
- Actor/Actress of a month (something similar to the Crush of the month thing I had mentioned before)
Its a bit last minute but what do you think about this? Any of these projects that appeals to you more? If you think about actors/actresses, who do you want to see me cover? Who are your favorite actors and actresses?
HAPPY NEW YEAR MY LOVELIES! 🙂
Raising a glass to all of you to a new year! Better goals and all the good stuff! 🙂