2014 is just around the corner. In a few hours (in Montreal), I welcome a whole new year and I’m excited but as bad as 2013 was, I look back, reflect and realize that its actually been pretty good also. We lose some but we also gain some, right? The little things that make my day better still shine through.
For Tranquil Dreams, its been an amazing year, if you missed my earlier post with the 2013 recap its HERE, reminding me that all the hard work and dedication I put into this is for something. I’m not just talking to a empty space.
This year, there was a lot of additions to the blog. I can still remember when my blog was just a place for me to write and I reflected using Daily Posts. Posting back then was really hard but as things started to form, last year, I focused on movie reviews and book reviews. Expanded to workout posts and personal/inspirational/music posts all wrapped into one on the weekend and even touched on TV series obsessions. Although, my cooking project really didn’t get very far, I did explore the baking world a little bit more also. Plus, I even did vlogs and piano covers.
This year, I shared with you my New Year’s Resolutions/Goals! I did manage to accomplish a few and some are just about to be wrapped up within the next 2 weeks or so.
– Piano Harmony studies start right after my TESL and that course took a turn to surprise me, putting this back just a little.
– Piano Grade 10 prep is going well. I should be able to do my exam next year for sure. Just have 2 more pieces to memorize and some polishing of ear test skills
– TESL certificate should have been done before BUT it turns out there are 2 terms so now I’m stuck because I have 26 days to get the remaining 75% of my 2nd term done. I have been working hard and I’m not going to give up. I know I can do it!
– So, I may not have finished editing my Nano 2012 novel but I did write 2013 novel that I’m much more proud of and will start editing that in 2014. Along with the fact that I actually have a fabulous novel idea that just popped up and I think I’ll start writing that one.
– My stress level was pretty much in check. You all don’t know my boyfriend but I’m sure he has to agree that this year, I’ve been in check with my stress. My moods have been more wobbly but I’ve managed to not get angry so often and let things irritate me so much and tried to keep positive as much as possible even in the most *seemingly* impossible situations.
– Saving money is one that been successful. This year, I reached a good goal and I even managed to contribute to my RRSP during the Christmas season. I have some nice announcements coming up related to this one soon-ish.
– Last one was working out and that has to be by biggest successful. Go ahead and click on my Weekly workouts and you’ll see that I am not on my 43rd week of workout and holding strong despite all my injuries. Forget 2-3 times, I managed to do 3-5 times in general. I’ve been eating healthy to add to the mix so I’m ready to polish my new goal 🙂
2014 is a new year! One I’m very happy that its coming in a matter of hours.
Its time for some NEW GOALS/RESOLUTIONS! 🙂 As I wait for my best friend’s updates from Saskatoon and her new set of resolutions, I’ve been putting mine together.
In general this is what I want to live by:
As usual, I will keep a few uncompleted ones this year!
1) Finish TESL certificate (deadline: Jan 24th)
2) Grade 10 Piano exam (latest: Fall session)
3) Work out 3-5 times a week and maintain healhty eating habits
4) Keep up saving and not buy useless things!
5) Edit my Nano 2013 novel and write the novel I’ve have in my head.
6) Improve on my baking skills –> decorations and appearances
7) STAY POSITIVE!
and two final thoughts:
HAPPY 2014! I WISH YOU ALL THE VERY ABSOLUTE BEST!
HAVE LOTS OF FUN WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND OODLES OF SUCCESS!
Thank you for everything this year and I hope that you all will come back to check out what I have in store for you in 2014. You’ve made 2013 and my whole blogging experience fantastic and most days, I keep doing this because I know some of you really care. Your comments, likes, visits, views, retweets, pins, follows (and whatever way there is) means the world to me! Hugs and kisses for all of you!
*raises a glass of champagne (or whatever you like)*
CHEERS! TO A GREAT 2014! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!