This weekend was a big one full of baking. The first recipe I did was one that I had planned on making for my boyfriend for a long time. I’ve been looking for a perfect recipe for oatmeal cookies and I had got this email on my gym’s newsletters a few months back. This recipe is really easy to make and it tastes pretty delicious.
I only have the recipe in French so I will translate it below. This recipe is from Nautilus Plus for Oatmeal and Raisin Cookies and makes 24.
– 1/3 cup margarine
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1 1/4 cups flour
– 1 1/4 cups instant oatmeal
– 3/4 cups of dried raisins
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 4 tbsp skimmed milk
1) Preheat the oven at 350F (180C)
2) In a big bowl, beat together margarine, sugar and eggs
3) Mix the remaining dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
4) Combine the dry mix with the margarine mix alternating it with the milk
5) Put the dough in small balls on cooking tray
6) Bake for 20 minutes and then cool on wire rack.
As usual, I gave it a bit of my own twist. I am lactose-intolerant so I had to replace the milk with water. Also, my boyfriend only wanted oatmeal cookies so I omitted the raisins from the mixture. During the preparing process, the oatmeal really smelled like cooked oatmeal while mixing the ingredients together. Also, I made bigger cookies so I only ended up with 12 cookies instead of 24.
Other than that, the recipe was right on with everything. The cookies were extremely fluffy so was amazing texture. The taste was very good as well, it wasn’t too sweet which was also a plus. It looked and tasted healthier than normal oatmeal cookies. Definitely worth a try!
If you do give it a shot, tell me how it turned out!