Topic #264: What 5 books have influenced you the most? P.S. Or if you prefer, what 5 movies, 5 albums, or travels.
I’ve been wanting to write about movies (and believe me, there are at least 3 drafts sitting around that I started and never finished) so here’s my latest attempt.
The 5 movies that influenced me the most (and also making them some of the few that frequent my DVD player the most than others in my movie collection) are the following:
1) Freedom Writers (based on a book: Freedom Writers’ Diaries): Very strong movie based on a true story of integration of teenagers affected by gang violence and brought up to protect their own race when a teacher lets them know that they can learn how to tolerate others and also grasp their own future.
2) Eat, Pray, Love (based on the book by Elizabeth Gilbert): How it is important to find yourself and learn to be comfortable with yourself
3) 12 Angry Men: This movie portrayed very nicely how everyone has different opinions and views based on how we were brought up and personal experiences can sometimes cloud our judgments with discrimination and prejudice and and as a result, make people forget the big picture.
4) August Rush: The power of music and how family are so strongly tied together no matter how far apart they are
5) Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants: Friendship!! Reminded me the importance of friendship with good friends
4 thoughts on “What 5 Movies Have Influenced You the Most?”
Pingback: Freedom Writers (2007) | Tranquil Dreams
Did you watch season one of Bates Motel? I ask this since you listed August Rush as an influence and both star Freddie Highmore. This was an excellent post.:D
Thanks! I did watch Bates Motel! That season finale was totally awesome! I can’t wait for the next season 🙂
Neither can I!